Sunday, November 28, 2010

Vampires, Faeries, Fraps, and Day-Time Television

Mood: ehhh kinda upset but getting better
You know what I like about reading/ writing?? I love that i can write about a vampire, and it doesn't have to be a blood sucking monster (unless I want it to be). It can be a vampire that instead of sucking blood it can suck on Carmel fraps from Starbucks. It's my vampire. Why not right? But that doesn't mean YOU can't write about a blood sucking vampire. We can all write about vampires, but that doesn't mean they are all alike. That's what I hate about some readers even though I'm guilty of this too. So sometimes I'll tell one of my friends about this amazing faery book I read that I think they'd like. Their response? I'm sorry. I have so many other books to read first. Translation? I don't want to read a book about Faeries. They are lame.
BUT not all faery books are the same. Who says this faery isn't a homicidal faery with a love for Day-Time Television??? You never know unless you give it a try. This faery could be the best character you've ever read about. See what I mean.
Anyways my point is I want to be that author who makes a character out of nothing and make them unique which is why I like writing. There are no guide lines you have to follow. Well except maybe word count and grammar stuff, but other than that nothing. I like that about writing. :)

Okay enough with book rambling. I'm going to end this post then write a post on music. Simply because I love music, and I want to share some amazing songs with you.

XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment