Saturday, November 20, 2010

Wow! Things Sure Have Changed!

Mood: Shocked
SO when I first started reading I was reading for the fun of it. I still do don't get me wrong, but now how I read has changed. Now when I read and I look at the plot, word choice, mood, setting dialogue, etc. I remember when I first got a blogger I found a blog, and one of the post was about a girl who was going through what I'm going through now. Wow that sounds weird. But she too started looking at books through their plot, word choice, mood, setting, dialogue,etc as well. I remember reading that think wow that's weird. I can never imagine myself doing that." Oh the irony. Of course now I read like that. When I was reading The Thirteenth Chime I was notiing how the author used rather flat sentences towards the end of her chapters. Sentences like "I fell alsleep" or something. I don't remember the exact words, but I remember thinking would I haveused those words? Maybe if she used this word instead... blah blah blah. I'm not saying I didn't like the book. The idea was orginal and I really liked it. BUT while I was reading it I was looking at the plot, word choice, mood, setting dialogue, etc. I made small mental notes on most of those throughout the story. I've also done that with a few other books. Weird right? I never thought I'd do that, but look at me now? Things sure have changed.

P.S. You really should read the Thirteenth Chime. The plot was really good. :)
XOXO

No comments:

Post a Comment